Attendance Policy : Stage 2 invite letter
Use this letter template at Stage 2, when inviting an employee to an absence management meeting.
STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
[Recipient's name & address]
Dear <Title / Surname>
Stage 2 Meeting
I refer to my letter of <DD/MM/YYYY> providing the outcome of the Stage 1 Final Review Meeting. This advised that the expected attendance level has not been achieved within agreed timescales.
I am therefore writing to invite you to a Stage 2 Meeting. In line with the NHSScotland Attendance Policy we will discuss:
- your level of absence from work
- any previously identified support measures
- whether alternative or additional adjustments, including redeployment are appropriate
- delete as appropriate: <any further Occupational Health Service (OHS) advice received or required>
The meeting arrangements are as follows:
Date: <DD/MM/YYYY at least 7 days in advance>
You may wish to be represented by a Trade Union representative or accompanied by a work colleague.
Prior to the meeting please:
- Confirm your availability to attend
- Advise who will accompany you if you have not already notified me.
You should be aware if you are unable to achieve the required standards of attendance your job may be at risk.
In the meantime, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
<Line Manager Name>
< Job Title>
< Cc Trade Union Representative>
<If formal proceedings are commencing at Stage 2
Enc: Attendance Policy, Attendance Employee Guide and Attendance Policy Flowchart>