Attendance Policy : long-term sickness meeting invite letter
Use this letter template when writing to an employee inviting them to attend a meeting about long-term sickness absence.
STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
[Recipient's name & address]
Dear <Title / Surname>
During our ongoing discussions during your sickness absence, we agreed that we would meet to consider how you can be supported <to return to work> or <during your absence from work>. I can now confirm that the meeting arrangements are as follows:
Date: <DD/MM/YYYY – at least 14 days from date of letter>
Location: <employee’s work location> or <other NHSScotland premises> or <other location> or <employee’s home>
At this meeting we will discuss:
- How your recovery is progressing and any treatment or developments that may impact on the timescales for your return to work;
- Any medical advice or information that you wish to share e.g. from an Occupational Health Service (OHS) self-referral
- <insert if appropriate: The benefits of a management referral to OHS in supporting your return to work>
- Any workplace alterations which would support your return to work
- Medical certification requirements for sick pay purposes
- Any changes to your salary or sick pay
- Annual leave entitlement
- Any other relevant points
I have asked <name and job title of HR Representative> to provide HR advice at the meeting. You may wish to be represented by a Trade Union representative or accompanied by a work colleague.
Prior to the meeting please:
- Confirm your availability to attend
- Advise who will accompany you if you have not already notified me of this
This information should be provided to me by <date 7 days prior to the meeting>.
If you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.
<Line Manager Name>
<Cc HR Representative Name>
<Trade Union Representative>